Job Opening: Research Assistant
The BlueGreen Alliance Foundation (BGAF) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Research Assistant working in our Minneapolis, MN office.
The BlueGreen Alliance Foundation (BGAF) conducts research and educates the public about solutions to environmental challenges that create economic opportunities for the American people. BGAF works closely with the BlueGreen Alliance, a national strategic partnership of labor unions and environmental organizations working to turn today’s biggest environmental challenges into economic and job-creating opportunities. Together with 15 million members and supporters, the BlueGreen Alliance is a powerful, unified voice calling for good, family-sustaining jobs, a clean environment and a thriving and fair American economy.
Job Summary: BGAF is seeking a Research Assistant in our Minneapolis, MN office to join our Research Team, which supports programs and initiatives with research, analysis, and data. The Research Assistant should expect to build expertise in our content areas and with our data sets, connect our research efforts to organizational priorities and goals, and communicate findings and results clearly to staff, partners, and the public. This position reports to the Senior Research Analyst and works collaboratively with program and communications staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a contributing and respectful member of a high performing, collaborative Research Team
- Conduct research on companies that supply parts, technology and materials to the automotive, transit, and energy efficient product supply chains nationwide. For example, see buildingclean.org or Supplying Ingenuity II at http://bit.ly/2thxcd4
- Conduct analysis and generate data visualizations including GIS maps, charts, diagrams, and graphs for internal and external use
- Conduct quality checks on data and follow established processes to update data as required; keep useful documentation on processes and data sources
- Undertake pieces of independent research in line with program objectives, communicate research clearly verbally and in writing, and assist projects and initiatives with additional research and analysis as needed
- Work collaboratively with BGA/F staff and contractors to help shape data collection and database design to meet user needs and to address manufacturing policy questions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starting, highly motivated, able to see discrete projects through to completion
- Highly adaptable and flexible; able to prioritize work and switch between tasks/manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and interest to learn new content areas and skills
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft office
- Commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance
Preferred Content Expertise:
- Data skills or experience including GIS, statistics, other analysis, database, data mining or visualization
- Experience or familiarity with manufacturing and supply chain research and data sources
- Familiarity with automotive, transit, rail, and/or building efficiency components
Additional Information: This position is a full time temporary 6 month position. Should funding be available, extension of this position may be possible. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references
by July 21, 2017 to Jennifer Bakkom‐Gatzke (email@example.com). Please write “Research Assistant” in the subject line.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
BlueGreen Alliance does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual or affectional preference, marital status, gender identity, or veteran status in the administration of employment policies, or in any other programs and activities.