The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Finance Associate.
BGA is a national partnership of America’s largest labor unions and most influential environmental organizations working to turn today’s biggest environmental challenges into our biggest economic and job-creating opportunities. Together with nearly 15 million members and supporters, we are a powerful, unified voice calling for good, family-sustaining jobs, a clean environment, and a thriving and fair American economy.
Job Summary: The Finance Associate provides financial accounting, and HR and administrative support to the Vice President of Finance and Administration in the Minneapolis office. This individual works closely with the Office Manager and has contact with staff in multiple states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains general financial accounting for BGA and BGAF using Quickbooks;
- Processes billings and AP, overseeing service agreements and vendor relationships;
- Prepares invoices and statements in AR, deposits, and bank reconciliations;
- Completes financial reporting forms for grants, lobbying, work comp audit, state registrations, HR, and other;
- Prepares payroll semi-monthly, setting up payroll and taxes in multiple states working with payroll service provider;
- Maintains accurate HR files, tracking benefits and leave or other personnel matters;
- Works closely with Office Manager, including onboarding new employees and assisting with employee exits;
- Prepares expense and allocation reports monthly;
- Maintains accounting files, both paper and online;
- Prepares audit and 990 supporting schedules;
- Maintains contract files, prepares 1099s and year-end reporting;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of experience in accounting; alternatively, a minimum of five years of experience in accounting required.
- Demonstrated general accounting knowledge.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and payroll software, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills, very high level of accuracy of data input.
- Experience with payroll and taxes in multiple states a plus.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Knowledge of office management systems and administrative procedures.
- Experience with nonprofit accounting, with knowledge of c(3) and c(4) orgs a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to be patient and tenacious with a positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Additional Information: Salary range starting at $48,000 depending on qualifications; generous benefits package that includes medical and dental, 401k with company match, generous vacation and holidays, and a friendly work environment.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and three references to Jennifer Bakkom‐Gatzke (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include “Finance Associate” in the subject line. Position open until filled.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
BlueGreen Alliance does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual or affectional preference, marital status, gender identity, or veteran status in the administration of employment policies, or in any other programs and activities.