The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Campaigns Manager.
BGA was formed in 2006 by the United Steelworkers and the Sierra Club in recognition that the future of working people and the health of the environment are inextricably linked. Now, together with 13 of the nation’s largest labor unions and most influential environmental organizations, we are fighting to protect the planet and advance racial and economic justice. The labor unions and environmental organizations of the BlueGreen Alliance reject the false choice that we must choose between good jobs and a clean environment. We are a powerful and unified voice for building an American economy that addresses climate change, protects the health of people and the environment, and drives a thriving, fair, and equitable economy.
BGA builds a shared agenda between the labor and environmental movements on bold measures critical to advancing a future American economy that addresses climate change, protects public health, advances racial and economic justice, and creates good-paying union jobs in safe and healthy workplaces in communities across America. BGA develops policy, produces research, builds coalitions, provides education, advocates these policies at the local, state and federal level, and mobilizes working people to take action.
Job Summary: BGA is seeking a dynamic professional to join our team as Campaigns Manager (CM). The CM position will be responsible for coordinating and implementing BGA’s economic recovery and other strategic campaigns, working closely with senior field and communications staff, to design and execute a strategy to support BGA’s federal economic recovery agenda and other federal campaigns as needed, including coordinating across federal policy, communications, field, and research teams. The Campaigns Manager will report to the Legislative Director and oversee three Regional Field Organizers responsible for conducting BGA’s work in target states to support federal advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the federal strategy to advance an economic recovery package based in manufacturing and infrastructure investments that help to build a clean, fair, and thriving economy;
- Coordinate BGA’s day-to-day legislative, field, and communications advocacy work to advance the economic recovery package—and other priorities as needed—including managing three regional field organizers and working closely with the legislative team to identify and advocate BGA priorities with Congressional champions;
- Work with the field and communications teams to develop and review public messaging and materials, to include letters, reports, fact sheets, presentations, advocacy materials, press and online materials;
- Ensure regular communications and updates on BGA initiatives among staff and partner organizations; and
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Five-to seven years of experience in progressive community, political, or policy organizing, communications or lobbying, including managing staff;
- Background in federal advocacy campaigns is required; experience working on issues related to climate change, renewable energy, clean transportation, trade, and/or labor issues is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in running and winning a federal advocacy campaign, including experience managing communications, field, and legislative or lobbying efforts;
- Ability to assist in the planning, coordinating, and implementing of federal legislative strategies that involve mobilizing a diverse coalition of organizations;
- Experience developing policy proposals, writing persuasive educational materials, lobbying legislators and staff, and/or mobilizing key constituents;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a commitment to quality;
- Strong skills in developing mutually respectful, trusting, and effective internal and external relationships; exhibit positive and respectful manner with colleagues, partners, and allies;
- Self‐starting, highly motivated, detail oriented; has ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and takes an innovative approach to organizing;
- Ability to travel periodically when health and safety allows it;
- Ability to use the various technology platforms utilized by BGA including IVDesk, Microsoft Outlook (including Outlook calendars), payroll systems, and any future programs as required;
- Strong commitment to economic, racial and environmental justice; and
- A deep commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance.
Additional Information: This is a position with one year of secured funding, with the possibility of an extension. Salary range $75,000-$90,000; generous benefits package that includes medical and dental; 401k with company match; generous vacation and holidays; and a friendly work environment. The BlueGreen Alliance staff is working virtually during the pandemic and is not requiring travel until further notice.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references to Jennifer Bakkom‐Gatzke (email@example.com). Please include your location, salary requirements, and where you saw the posting. Please write “Campaigns Manager” in the subject line. Position open until filled.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The BlueGreen Alliance does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or veteran status in the administration of employment policies, or in any other programs and activities.