The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Colorado State Coordinator. BGA is a national partnership of America’s largest labor unions and most influential environmental organizations working to turn today’s biggest environmental challenges into our biggest economic and job‐creating opportunities. Together with 15 million members and supporters, we are a powerful, unified voice calling for good, family-sustaining jobs, a clean environment, and a thriving and fair American economy.
Job Summary: The BlueGreen Alliance is seeking a full-time Colorado State Coordinator, based in Denver, Colorado. The Coordinator spearheads the program and policy work of the BlueGreen Alliance in Colorado. The Coordinator identifies and works to implement projects around the state that will help build the clean energy economy, reduce emissions, create quality, family-sustaining jobs, and promote shared, sustainable prosperity programs. The Coordinator will also develop programs to educate and mobilize members to action; build long-term alliances to promote smart energy solutions; and work with union, environmental, and community partners to effectively support mutually agreed-upon policies. The Coordinator’s role is to organize, focus, and drive these collective efforts.
The Colorado Coordinator works closely with BGA staff, the Colorado-based BlueGreen Alliance steering committee, and Colorado BGA member organizations to develop and execute initiatives, campaigns and policy/legislative strategy. While principally focused on the state level, the Colorado BGA may also support federal clean energy initiatives. The Coordinator reports to the Colorado-based BGA steering committee and BGA’s West Coast Director.
This is a new grant funded full-time position that we are hoping to build into a permanent position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Colorado Coordinator will help develop and implement the initiatives of the BlueGreen Alliance and the Colorado-based BGA partners to build the clean economy as well as increase collaborative efforts of labor and environmental organizations across a range of issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Conduct outreach to labor and environmental organizations in order to build Colorado BGA membership and mutual understanding.
- Coordinate research and outreach efforts to identify opportunities to invest in specific projects and programs that accelerate job growth and community economic development.
- Coordinate BGA’s state policy initiatives, in collaboration with BGA’s West Coast staff and the Colorado state steering committee that promote the creation of high-quality jobs while growing the clean economy.
- Educate partners, allies, and policymakers in the legislature and agencies on policies that create good jobs while addressing climate change issues.
- Make public presentations and coordinate educational events.
- Meet with communities of color, highly impacted communities, etc., and businesses to advance clean economy growth in collaboration with our partners.
- Work with BGA research, communications, and policy departments to conduct policy analysis, and produce talking points, blogs, fact sheets, social media, and other content.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with or strong knowledge of labor unions. Background on workforce issues is a plus.
- Experience with environmental or environmental justice organizations, or strong knowledge of their issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with partners and colleagues in multiple locations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong orientation to building collaborative structures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience speaking before groups.
- An ability to travel to locations outside the Denver metro area as needed.
- A deep commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance.
- Familiarity with or strong interest in clean energy, climate change, and other related issues.
- Experience working on legislative and/or issue-based advocacy campaigns.
- Experience in campaign-related policy development, including analyzing legislation and other policy tools, legislative outreach, and effective messaging.
- A strong foundation in coordinating campaigns that involve multiple partners and stakeholders, including labor unions, environmental organizations, and supportive businesses.
- Ability to juggle multiple issues and campaigns.
- Flexible schedule and from time to time attend meetings before or after office hours.
Additional Information: Will consider either consultant contractor or employee. Periodic travel is required.
How to Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to Jennifer Bakkom‐Gatzke (email@example.com). Please write“Colorado State Coordinator” in the subject line. Position open until filled.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
BlueGreen Alliance does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual or affectional preference, marital status, gender identity, or veteran status in the administration of employment policies, or in any other programs and activities.