The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Communications and Marketing Associate.
BGA unites America’s largest labor unions and most influential environmental organizations to solve today’s environmental challenges in ways that create and maintain quality jobs and build a stronger, fairer economy.
The organization’s efforts center on the immediate need to develop equitable, commonsense solutions to our environmental challenges in a way that creates and maintains quality, family-sustaining jobs across the economy. Our staff and supporters design public policies, perform research, and run public education and advocacy campaigns to advocate for practical solutions; facilitate dialogue between environmentalists, union members and other stakeholders; and educate America’s labor union members and environmentalists about the economic and environmental impacts of climate change and the job-creating opportunities of environmental protections.
Job Summary: BGA is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as Communications and Marketing Associate (CMA). This position will support the Communications Department in advancing a comprehensive communications and media plan for the organization’s key initiatives. The CMA will assist with developing lists, tracking placements and conducting media outreach, as well as working with other BGA staff to develop content, including press releases, blogs and supporter emails. The CMA will also be responsible for developing a plan for promoting BuildingClean.org, including creating marketing materials and content and conducting marketing-oriented outreach. The Communications and Marketing Associate reports to the Director Communications, and works closely with staff, as well as outside partner organizations, government agencies, and manufacturers to meet organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support BGA’s communications efforts, including, but not limited to:
- Work with the digital campaigns manager to develop a social and digital strategy for the organization through collateral creation and innovative and traditional outreach strategies; and
- Work with BGA staff to develop content for BGA initiatives, including press releases, blogs, and supporter emails, and assist with media outreach, including building media lists and reporter pitching.
- Work closely with the Building Clean team to:
- Develop and implement marketing plan, including new and novel approaches to outreach, and support current social media and other communications plans;
- Promote the program’s website (BuildingClean.org) to stakeholders to create interest in the site’s Buy Local, Buy Healthy features, including creating/managing lists, keeping detailed records, and identifying audiences;
- Field, coordinate and track requests for webinars and/or site visits, as well as speaking and conference presentation opportunities;
- Provide, track, and document Building Clean material, such as e-newsletter articles or web buttons, used by stakeholder groups; and
- Report weekly on all activities conducted in pursuit of program goals;
- Working knowledge of technology platforms utilized by BGA, including Microsoft Office, Slack and Zoom, and any future programs as required;
- Exhibit a positive and respectful manner when collaborating with colleagues, partners, and allies; and
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in marketing, communications, or related field;
- Familiarity with labor unions and environmental movements is preferred;
- Demonstrated interest in or familiarity with energy efficiency retrofits, affordable housing, energy efficiency products, toxics in building products, or other related topics;
- Personable, hard-working, and motivated with excellent oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills, especially ease of communicating over the phone;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and strong time management and project management skills;
- Ability to collaborate with other staff and partners, and a deep commitment to and enthusiasm for the work of BGA;
- A willingness to travel as needed;
- Strong commitment to economic, racial, and environmental justice; and
- A deep commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance, a positive attitude with creative thinking and problem solving skills desired.
Additional Information: Salary range $50,000 to $60,000, generous benefits package that includes medical and dental, 401k with company match, generous vacation and holidays, and a friendly work environment.
The BlueGreen Alliance staff is working virtually during the pandemic and travel is not required until further notice.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references by December 31, 2020, to Jennifer Bakkom‐Gatzke (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include “Communications and Marketing Associate” in the subject line.
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
BlueGreen Alliance does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or veteran status in the administration of employment policies, or in any other programs and activities.