The Inflation Reduction Act, Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, and CHIPS and Science Act hold the transformational potential to reduce pollution, prevent the worst impacts of climate change, make our workers and communities safer and healthier, and create the good-paying union jobs we need to give all workers in the United States the opportunity for a middle-class life. Federal and state agencies are playing a crucial role in uplifting workers and communities as they develop programmatic requirements and guidance to implement these laws.
The BlueGreen Alliance supports the consistent use of the application criteria described below to:
- Support and create good-paying union jobs, increase union density, and support the build out of a more robust, union-represented, and diverse workforce;
- Ensure worker rights, benefits, and health and safety on the job;
- Support meaningful community and labor engagement, prioritize systematically marginalized communities, and address racial, environmental, and economic injustice;
- Reduce emissions and pollution while improving environmental and public health; and
- Reinvest in U.S. manufacturing and expand U.S. manufacturing jobs.
See the full checklist!