The BlueGreen Alliance (BGA) seeks dynamic candidates for the position of Communications and Marketing Associate (CMA) to join our Communications team. The position can be located in Minneapolis, MN or Washington, D.C. Remote candidates will also be considered.
BGA was formed in 2006 by the United Steelworkers and the Sierra Club in recognition that the future of working people and the health of the environment are inextricably linked. Now, together with 13 of the nation’s largest labor unions and most influential environmental organizations, BGA is fighting to protect the planet and advance racial and economic justice. The labor unions and environmental organizations of the BlueGreen Alliance reject the false choice that we must choose between good jobs and a clean environment. BGA builds a shared agenda between the labor and environmental movements on bold measures critical to advancing a future American economy that addresses climate change, protects public health, advances racial and economic justice, and creates good-paying union jobs in safe and healthy workplaces in communities across America. BGA develops policy, produces research, builds coalitions, provides education, advocates these policies at the local, state, and federal level, and mobilizes working people to take action.
Job Summary: The CMA will support the Communications Department in advancing a comprehensive communications and media plan, with attention to design and social media content. The CMA will develop and promote BuildingClean.org, design graphics, posts, reports, and other materials, draft marketing content, and conduct marketing outreach. The CMA will also design content for BGA. The CMA will report to the Director of Communications. The CMA will work with staff, partner organizations, government agencies, and manufacturers to meet communication needs.
- Develop, implement, and innovate a marketing plan for BuildingClean.org, including outreach, social media, and other communications;
- Create journalistic and graphic design content for BuildingClean.org, including press releases, blogs, and supporter emails, graphics for powerpoint, and assist with media outreach, including building media lists and reporter relationships;
- Promote BuildingClean’s program website to generate interest in the site’s Buy Local, Buy Healthy features. Create/manage lists, manage detailed records, and identify audiences;
- Design materials using the Adobe Suite for BGA and BuildingClean.org.
- Two or more years of experience in marketing, communications, or related field or a combination of two or more years of education and experience;
- Graphic Design experience;
- Proficient with technology, including Microsoft Office, the Adobe Suite, and any position-specific technologies.
- Familiarity with labor unions and environmental movements;
- Interest in energy efficiency, affordable housing, toxics in building products, or related topics;
- Project Management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to adapt to an evolving work environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines, plan efficiently, and manage competing priorities;
- High ethical standards, sound judgment, and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders across the organization, including exceptional writing, graphic, and verbal communication skills; and
- Strong commitment to economic, racial, and environmental justice; a deep commitment to the mission of the BlueGreen Alliance.
- Fully paid company medical, dental, and vision for employees and family
- Fully paid Life, Short Term, and Long Term for employee
- 4% 401K company contribution
- 3 weeks PTO, 2 weeks sick, and 18 paid holidays per year to start
Job information: Salary range $50,000-$60,000. This position is represented by United Steelworkers (USW) Local 2002. This position may be based in Minneapolis or Washington, DC. Remote work arrangements are possible.
How to Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and writing and graphic design work samples to (email@example.com). Please include “Communications and Marketing Associate” in the email subject line. Position open until filled. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
BlueGreen Alliance does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual or affectional preference, marital status, gender identity, or veteran status in the administration of employment policies, or in any other programs and activities.