BlueGreen Alliance Comments to the EPA on Evaluation of Existing Regulations
The BlueGreen Alliance called for strong support of critical EPA safeguards that protect the health and safety of workers, communities, and the environment, many of which also drive innovation and job creation.
In response to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency calling for input on the evaluation of existing regulations, the BlueGreen Alliance sent in comments to the agency supporting regulations, including:
- Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for Model Years 2017-2025 (40 CFR Parts 85, 86, and 600);
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles – Phase 2 (40 CFR Parts 9, 22, 85, 86, 600, 1033, 1036, 1037, 1039, 1042, 1043, 1065, 1066, and 1068);
- Control of Air Pollution from Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards (40 CFR Parts 79, 80, 85, et al.);
- Oil and Natural Gas Sector: Emission Standards for New, Reconstructed, and Modified Sources (81 FR 35823);
- Clean Water Rule: Definition of “Waters of the United States” (80 FR 37054);
- Final Amendments to the Risk Management Program (RMP) Rule (40 CFR Part 68); and
- Implementation of the Toxic Substances Control Act.
The letter argued, “Regulatory rollbacks are not what American workers and communities need. Common-sense standards—like those issued under laws like the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act—not only protect our environment, workers, and public health, but drive research, innovation, and manufacturing to create jobs and stimulate economic growth.”