Join us September 17, 2019 from 8:30 – 11:00 a.m. at the National Press Club (529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045) for a special forum on the BlueGreen Alliance’s platform to address climate change and income inequality, Solidarity for Climate Action.
Labor, environmental, and Congressional leaders will highlight the importance of the first comprehensive plan put forward by America’s largest unions to create jobs and address income inequality by tackling the climate crisis.
8:00 a.m. Doors Open
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. Breakfast and Refreshments
8:30 a.m. Welcome
8:45 a.m. Keynote Speaker – U.S. Rep. Kathy Castor (FL – 14)
9:00 a.m. Panel Discussion – Working People and the Climate Crisis: Building Consensus to Address an Urgent Problem
- Roxanne Brown, International Vice President, United Steelworkers
- Collin O’Mara, President and CEO, National Wildlife Federation
- James Slevin, National President, Utility Workers Union of America
- Kathleen Rest, Executive Director, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Jason Walsh, Executive Director, BlueGreen Alliance (Moderator)
9:45 a.m. Panel Discussion – Addressing Inequality: Pursuing Climate Solutions That Build a Better Future for All Americans
- Luisa Blue, Executive Vice President, Service Employees International Union
- James Boland, President, International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworker
- Debbie Sease, Senior Lobbying and Advocacy Director, Sierra Club
- Marc Boom, Director of Federal Affairs, Natural Resources Defense Council (Moderator)
10:15 a.m. Keynote Speaker – Sen. Jeff Merkley (D – Oregon)
10:45 a.m. Closing remarks
11:00 a.m. Event concludes
Use the form below to secure your spot.