New data commissioned by the BlueGreen Alliance released today revealed the Inflation Reduction Act may create more than 200,000 jobs over the next 10 years in Pennsylvania. Researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst Political Economy Research Institute (PERI) conducted the analysis of the recently passed legislation, quantifying the job creation from its historic investments.
The report finds that the Inflation Reduction Act includes:
- 122,541 jobs in Pennsylvania from investments in clean energy;
- 16,830 jobs from investments in clean transportation;
- 31,656 jobs from programs to improve building infrastructure;
- 12,821 jobs from lands and agriculture program investments;
- 3,188 jobs from investments in environmental justice and community resilience; and
- 25,363 jobs from investments in clean manufacturing.
This report follows a previous study by PERI that estimated the law would create more than 9 million jobs nationwide in the coming decade.
To find out more about the investments in the law, see the BlueGreen Alliance’s recently announced User Guide to the Inflation Reduction Act—a reference guide for the numerous policies and programs included in the legislation that explores the goals, timelines, and implementation mechanisms for each policy area.