Jobs from Climate Action: The Inflation Reduction Act's Impact on Job Creation
New data commissioned by the BlueGreen Alliance released today revealed the Inflation Reduction Act may create 99,124 jobs over the next 10 years in Colorado. Researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst Political Economy Research Institute (PERI) conducted the analysis of the recently passed legislation, quantifying the job creation from its historic investments.
The report finds that the Inflation Reduction Act includes the following job estimates in Colorado:
- 55,002 jobs from investments in clean energy;
- 8,297 jobs from investments in clean transportation;
- 15,497 jobs from programs to improve building infrastructure;
- 6,802 jobs from lands and agriculture program investments;
- 1,700 jobs from investments in environmental justice and community resilience; and
- 11,826 jobs from investments in clean manufacturing.
This report follows a previous study by PERI that estimated the law would create more than 9 million jobs nationwide in the coming decade.
To find out more about the investments in the law, see the BlueGreen Alliance’s recently announced User Guide to the Inflation Reduction Act—a reference guide for the numerous policies and programs included in the legislation that explores the goals, timelines, and implementation mechanisms for each policy area.
- PERI Colorado Job Creation Analysis
- 9 Million US Jobs from Climate Action: The Inflation Reduction Act
- A User Guide to the Inflation Reduction Act