Creating Clean Energy and Transportation Jobs in Texas
With the possible exception of California, Texas has more potential for the development of jobs and industries related to renewable energy, energy storage, demand response, energy efficiency, and clean transportation solutions than any other state in the union.
As thousands of Texans continue to cope with rising fuel costs, cuts to benefits and services, and low-wage employment, we must move to capitalize on what could be the best opportunity for Texas to create jobs and usher in a new era of prosperity and economic growth: the chance to rapidly expand our clean energy economy.
The Texas BlueGreen Apollo Program provides a comprehensive clean energy jobs creation strategy for Texas. By engaging and garnering the support of workers and organized labor, businesses and investors, community organizations, and environmental advocates we have developed a 21st Century hiring plan that will help retain our state’s position as an energy leader and put thousands of Texans back to work.
Here are five areas we can target to create jobs in Texas:
- Create Jobs by Transforming Renewable Energy Use in Texas
- Create Jobs by Promoting Energy Saving Technologies and Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Create Jobs by Promoting the Use of and Infrastructure for Trains, Electric and Advanced Fuel Vehicles
- Create Jobs by Making it in Texas by Texans
- Create Economic Prosperity for All and Tap the Skills and Productivity of Texas’ Workforce